In the Industry we complete “comp shops” (a search of your competitors’ newest offering; looking at styling, price points and key styles they look to be backing). Whilst they’re an essential part of my job, it also gives you the opportunity to see things you want (and convince yourself you need) – yes, this is a rather dangerous and expensive exercise! During this month’s comp shop, I’ve seen loads of great new in must haves that are calling out for me to buy, so I’d thought I’d share my favourites with you.
1. Miss Selfridge, Split Side Tunic £30. – This top is a big tick in the utility trend box. I’d wear this with either ripped black jeans or a pair of white denim shorts for a more Summery vibe!
2. River Island, Floral Print A-line dress, £65. – This is very much an occasion piece. I was drawn to it by the print as I’m not a fan of overly fussy printed items, so this is the perfect dress for me. **Beware, this item may not suit bigger busted individuals due to the extreme high neck!
3. Topshop, White Leather Chained Bag, £32. – Not only does this bag get me excited for Summer and some warmer weather, it’s also a great ‘going out’ size bag. I’m forever trying to re-jig the night out “essentials” in my bag to get the zip to close so, being slightly larger, this is exactly what I need.
4. Zara, Shirt Collar Tunic, £25.99. – A bargain at £25.99 and key trend piece right now. Wear with strappy sandals to complete the look. I’m also thinking this would be a great evening option to wear for my upcoming holiday!
5. Urban Outfitters, Strappy Bodycon Dress, £46. – I was instantly drawn to this piece by the cut out back detail. I also really like the slightly flared bottom which is a lot more flattering than your average bodycon dress.
Those are my top 5. Let me know your favourite as I’m now going to have battle with myself to ensure I don’t buy ALL these items.